WFLB -Gates-Chili CSD Rochester , NY Full-time Transportation
Posted on May 24, 2023
Position Purpose: Under the supervision of the Director of Transportation, to assist drivers with students on the bus.
Essential Job Functions:
- Required to assist special education students on route.
- Responsible work which involves maintaining order and insuring the safety of the children who ride his/her assigned route and extends to escorting students to and from the bus.
- The attendant at all times must be concerned about the safe behavior of the children while the bus is in route.
- Board and get off bus at each stop.
- Supervises boarding and unloading at all stops.
- Assists driver when backing up bus.
- Assists and may lift students to and from bus.
- May operate 2-way radio.
- Assists students with special needs.
- Attends scheduled job training classes, workshops and parent/school/driver meetings.
- Ensures students are seated before bus is in motion.
- Maintains order on the bus.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
2-way radio as needed.
2-way radio as needed.
Travel between schools, or between schools and central offices, may be required for certain positions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, employees and others.
- Ability to establish a supportive and compassionate relationship with students with special needs.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, staff and others contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to report work orally or in writing to supervisor as required.
- Effective writing and verbal communication skills.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards:
- Works in standard office and school building environments.
- Ability to lift students as needed.
- Ability to work outdoors.
Note: Also see the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Functions for this position.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- There are no education or experience qualifications for this position.
- Prior experience working with special needs children desirable.
To apply please select the Apply Now Button