Position: Bus Driver
Timeline: September 5, 2023 – Until Filled
Location: Camden-Frontier Schools
Time: 180 Days per year; 4.5 hours per day minimum
Salary Range: $21.91/hr - $25.52/hr; $5 per run bonus, $50 emergency bonus
Starting Date: Immediately
Responsible for safely transporting students to and from school, as well as other school-related events such as field trips and sporting events. The role of a school bus driver is crucial for the safety and well-being of students, and it comes with a range of responsibilities.
Communication - both written and verbal
Adherence to Regulations
Record Keeping and ensuring that all mechanical issues are reported in a timely manner
- High school diploma or GED
- Excellent attendance record
- Successful completion of criminal background check
- A valid Michigan chauffeur and CDL license with necessary endorsements.
- Must attend and successfully complete basic bus driver training as approved and required by the
Michigan Department of Education.
- Must comply with and pass all required State and Federal laws, rules, regulations, guidelines, examinations, annual physical examination, driver's license and personal record checks, drug testing and any periodic job-related testing.
- To perform safe and efficient transportation consistent with the district’s mission statement.