Assistant Operations Manager
- Manage the ACL terminal and vessel operation in the port.
- Supervise the cargo loading and discharge process during the vessel call (operation) at the terminal.
- Troubleshoot transportation related issues at the terminal.
- Communicate with vendors and authorities to ensure a safe, productive, and cost-effective vessel call.
- Manage all costs related to the ACL vessel and slot partner vessel calls, input invoices, and ensure reported costs are in line with the fee schedules in vendor and labor contracts.
- Keep up with RoRo (roll-on roll-off) and LoLo (lift-on lift-off) yard responsibility.
- Assist with the Grimaldi Pure Car, Truck Carrier (PCTC) purpose-built vessel service, when necessary.
- Manage ACL lashing supplies used by the terminal operator.
- Communicate with stevedore regarding stuffing and stripping of ACL cargo containers.
- Handle cargo related paperwork such as titles, dock receipts, etc.
- Represent ACL in monthly meetings with Port Authority and local U.S. Customs.
- Stay abreast of Hazardous Cargo East/Westbound guidelines/regulations.
College degree preferred, but not required. Maritime College degree a plus.
RoRo (roll-on roll-off) experience preferred, but not required.
Ability to work independently with minimal or no guidance, understand and execute complex instructions. Be decisive and good at giving directions to facilitate prompt service delivery.
Must be physically fit enough to frequently board ocean vessels at dock in all weather conditions and if necessary at all hours, weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
Possess a TWIC card or be able to obtain one and maintain it, NJ Driver’s license a necessity. Word and Excel proficiency.
Company will supply internal systems training, Hazardous Cargo compliance training and safety training.
Email resume to Human.Resources@aclcargo.com or Fax to 908-518-5331