Specialist, Event Logistics more... ▼
|Location:||Fort Lauderdale, FL|
|Company:||National Multiple Sclerosis Society|
|First posted:||April 19, 2017 (last updated 4 days 12 hours ago)|
We are more than an organization. We are a movement. United in our collective power to do something about MS now and end this disease forever. Our vision is a world free of MS and everything we do is focused so that people affected by MS can live their best lives as we stop MS in its tracks, restore what has been lost and end MS forever.
The Specialist, Event Logistics is responsible for the coordination of all logistical aspects for fundraising events and activities within the South Florida territory. Responsibilities include logistics implementation, vendor contract management, risk management, permitting, insurance, movement and delivery of event supplies, management and inventory of multiple storage units, and event vehicles both prior and during the event. The position will secure in-kind donations for all local events as well as support volunteer recruitment and engagement. In addition, this position will work closely with the Development team within the territory supporting the successful execution of events to ensure an exceptional event experience for all.
1. Logistics Project Leader
- In collaboration with market based logistics team, this position coordinates logistics for the assigned mass market events ensuring that all logistical elements are complete to ensure exceptional event experience for participants and sponsors
- Analyze needs and secure and manage all vendors and permitting for assigned events. Maintain a focus on cost saving measures by bidding out multi-site vendors (including tents, tables and chairs, heavy equipment, toilets, waste disposal, vehicle rentals, communication equipment, entertainment equipment, water and ice, peripheral equipment such as cones, stanchions, barricades, fencing, food vendors -- paid and in-kind, etc.)
- Manage relationship with third-party logistics company handling overall execution of Bike MS and Challenge Walk when applicable
- Securing permits and insurance for events, establishing and maintaining good working relationships with communities hosting our events
- Management of storage units to ensure that space is fully utilized and orderly; maintains a current inventory of event materials and supplies
- Oversee the purchasing, packing and distribution of specified event supplies before, during and after each campaign
- Responsible for the ordering of all event prizes, incentives (including t-shirts, medals, etc.
- Create and manage yearly logistics/production timeline for special events and staff in conjunction with Development team
- Work with the Director of Logistics to assign and manage on-event staff assignments in conjunction with Development team leads
- Plan and execute pre, post and on-event logistics meetings with staff
2. In Kind Donation Management
- Solicit small businesses, corporations, and local food vendors for in-kind donations for all Chapter events
3. Budget and Project Management
- Negotiation and management of specified event supply contracts including but not limited to tents, porta-potties, dumpsters, facilities, trucks and supply vehicles
- Manage event procurement process including purchase orders and contracts, processing of payments , ensuring accurate record keeping and ongoing expense analysis throughout the course of event planning.
- Complete all post-event financials (final invoice payments, etc), thank you communications to vendors/partners, tracking supply/product usage and noting opportunities for improvement.
4. Facilitates Volunteer Engagement for fundraising and event experience in the assigned event revenue portfolio
- Responsible for the placement of volunteers and day of cultivation of to ensure a positive volunteer experience and ensure the safety and experience of participants
- Cultivates volunteers, seeks and provides feedback and shares opportunities for reciprocal growth and learning.
5. Other duties as assigned
- Three or more years of related logistical experience required.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage diverse groups and multiple projects
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Able to manage difficult or complex situations and/or people with tact, confidence and composure.
- Computer knowledge and experience in MS Office
This position will be required to drive/travel on Society business. Candidate must possess a valid driver's license, proof of insurance, and reliable transportation. The Society does run motor vehicle checks for all positions which require driving and the applicant must meet the Society guidelines.
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply for positions regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected status
Please mention LogisticsJobs.org
if asked how you found this job.