Sr Logistics/Distribution Engineer more... ▼
|First posted:||April 17, 2017|
Luxottica is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of fashion, luxury and sports eyewear. Our wholesale network covers more than 150 countries and our retail presence consists of over 7,200 retail stores across the globe.
In North America, our wholesale business is the home to global brands; Ray-ban, and many of the top fashion house brands. Our leading retail brands include; Lenscrafters, Sunglass Hut, Pearle Vision, Target Optical and Sears Optical. We are also home to EyeMed, the fastest growing vision care company in the United States.
The Sr. Manager of Distribution Operations is part of the BU Logistics Innovations and Strategy team and partners with Distribution Center Operations and Transportation.
The Sr. Manager is based in Atlanta and coordinates all projects in connection with Global Network and Logistics in the North American Distribution Centers.
This includes projects of improvements and capacity increase on all areas; receiving, warehousing, picking, invoicing, shipping processes, costs, inventory, network and lens laboratory guaranteeing efficiencies and effectiveness of the operations.
The Sr Manager realizes and implements improvement projects that guarantee excellence in operations, positioning Luxottica Operations as the benchmark in North America and in the world.
The Sr. Manager interfaces with other Luxottica departments (sales, trade marketing, HR, finance, IT and HQ) and North American Distribution Centers for Retail and Wholesale.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works directly with Operations and Transportation to gain understanding and alignment of business needs and objectives.
- Identifies and capitalizes on new opportunities to improve process flows and service.
- Manages projects/budgets and ROI for each projects, leads presentations to key stakeholders to keep them informed of status of initiatives and projects, performance against planned objectives, and future strategic directions with associated impact on expenses.
- Evaluates and identifies external advancements in the industry to improve customer/user satisfaction and reduce operating expenses.
- Coordinates NA Logistics/Labs local team to ensure continuous improvements guarantying best in class operational process.
- Prepares, develops and trains NA Team on 5S, Lean Six Sigma methodology and approach.
- Coordinates projects for NA Logistic Network (especially on the DC and Lens Laboratories)
- Capacity (SKU’s / Storage)
- Productivity Improvements (Inbound /Picking/ Outbound)
- Update CAD drawing
- Drives Logistics innovation process focusing on Automation and World Class Logistics Excellence.
- Bachelor's Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Engineering or industry equivalent
- 7+ years Logistics and Supply Chain experience
- 5+ years in Project Management·
- Black Belt Lean Six Sigma
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems
- Proficiency in MS Office, MS Project or equivalent
- E-Com and Omni Channel experience
- Experience with SAP and Manhattan based Warehouse Management Systems
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Luxottica HR Solutions Group at 1-866-431-8484.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law.
Please mention LogisticsJobs.org
if asked how you found this job.