Operations Manager Trainee - Wichita, KS more... ▼
|Company:||Waste Connections, Inc.|
|First posted:||April 17, 2017|
Operations Manager Trainee - Wichita, KS
Requisition Primary Location
Are YOU ready to embrace SERVANT LEADERSHIP as an Operations Manager Trainee?
We are seeking candidates with a degree, high energy and strong leadership qualities to learn the waste business at our Wichita, KS hauling operation. This will be an 18-24 month training position that will require you to relocate once you are trained and ready!
- Previous supervisory experience in transportation, and/or logistics services. Experience with companies such as Fedex, UPS, DHL, Loomis and Enterprise can be a good match.
- Bachelors' degree
- Must have a Class A or B Commercial Drivers' License or the ability to get one in 90 days or less.
- Required to be exposed to a physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements.
- Must be willing to relocate after successfully completing the training period.
- Majority of the 10-12 hour workday will be outside working with our truck drivers.
- General work schedule is 5am to 5pm
- Help develop and execute a culture of safety.
- Oversee the personnel needs of your department including selecting, coaching, disciplining, and training employees and evaluating employee performance.
- Ensure thorough root cause investigations for all injuries and incidents, following-up with consistent discipline and retraining.
- Monitor budget and operating metrics while diagnosing and improving processes, procedures, and performance.
- Execute necessary precautions to ensure safety and compliance with the company, OSHA, and other standards and regulations.
- Formulates both short-term and long-term goals and action plans in conjunction with the Operations Manager.
- Participates in regular profit and loss reviews to ensure that budgets are met; develops and implements programs for optimal equipment utilization, equipment maintenance, and labor and material costs.
Who Are We?
Waste Connections US, Inc. (TSX/NYSE: WCN) - We are an integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in 40 states. Our 2015 annual revenue was 2.1 billion and we finished 2016 at 3.376 billion in revenue. Our goal is to create an environment where self-directed, empowered employees strive to consistently fulfill our constituent commitments and seek to create positive impacts through interactions with customers, communities, and fellow employees, always relying on our Operating Values as the foundation for our existence.
Why you need to join us!
CULTURE: It's a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
INTEGRITY: Our definition is "saying what you will do and then doing it!" We keep our promises to our customers and our employees. Honoring our commitments provides our stakeholders peace of mind and establishes us as the premier waste services company in the markets we serve. This creates a safe and rewarding environment for our employees.
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future."
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans
Please mention LogisticsJobs.org
if asked how you found this job.