Logistics Associate Vehicle Logistics Job more... ▼
|Location:||North Charleston (Hanahan), SC|
|First posted:||April 14, 2017|
Logistics Associate Vehicle Logistics (Job Number:426782)
SAIC is seeking a Vehicle Logistics Associate for our Vehicle Logistics contract in Charleston, SC.
- Performs system fault analysis, life cycle maintenance and integrated product support (IPS) of major systems.
- Controls the efficient flow of goods, services and information between point of origin through customer placement in order to meet customer requirements.
- May also plan, schedule and manage the efficient movement of material from receiving or the warehouse to production.
- Develops raw material requirements and scheduling requirements from engineering specifications and production schedules and plans and manages material movement with purchasing, warehouse, and production.
- Ensures the execution and continuous improvement of standard logistic processes.
- Logistics functions encompass maintenance, supply, transportation and logistics plans. Inherently included as logistics tasks are program formulation, policy planning, coordination, inspection, integrated logistics processes, joint planning logistics, acquisition and wholesale logistics, product support, asset visibility, material management and supervision.
- Liaise with Government and Production Lead, manage backside VIS work/BOM cleanup, responsible for Pull Sheet updates, Lead on procurement/filling shortfalls.
- Manage weekly cycle counts and dashboard/CCDRs, run daily audits of VIS transactions, implement process improvements for better property accountability, liaise with government and project management on inventory accountability issues.
- Assume all responsibilities in the absence of Logistics Team Lead and function as the Inventory Manager/Auditor.
- Clearance level required: None
- Clearance level to obtain: Secret
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree
- Previous Logistics experience
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Apr 14, 2017, 10:32:41 AM
Primary Location: United States-SC-HANAHAN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job
Please mention LogisticsJobs.org
if asked how you found this job.