Grants.gov Application Programmer Level III Job more... ▼
|First posted:||April 11, 2017|
(please use the apply button below) Application Programmer Level III (Job Number:425087)
- Analyze functional business applications and design specifications for functional areas such as finance, accounting, personnel, manpower, logistics, and contracts.
- Develop block diagrams and logic flow charts.
- Translate detailed design into computer software.
- Test, debug, and refine the computer software to produce the required product.
- Prepare required documentation, including both program-level and user-level documentation.
- Enhance software to reduce operating time or improve efficiency.
- Provide technical direction to programmers to ensure program deadlines are met.
- Experience in information system design, including application programming on large-scale DBMS and the development of complex software to satisfy design objectives.
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs application software.
- Conducts analysis and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for information storage, processing, presentation, manipulation, display, or reporting.
- End product may be special use, customized, or commercial software.
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops autonomous services, desktop applications, web applications, scripts, and utility programs.
- Ensures software standards are met.
- Administers and executes policies, processes, and procedures that affect subordinate employees and the workflow of the work unit.
- Leads daily operations of work unit.
- Decisions impact work unit operations.
- Erroneous decisions or recommendations or failure to achieve results might cause delays in schedules and require the allocation of more people and financial resources.
- Assignments are task or activity oriented.
- Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall quality and efficiency.
- Directly supervises individual contributors (skilled technicians, administrative support) and/or entry level professionals (accountants, entry-level engineers)
- Clearance Level Must Possess: None
- Clearance Level Must be able to Obtain: None
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more of related experience; Masters and three (3) years or more related experience; PhD and 0 years experience.
- Expert knowledge and experience with Agile, Dev OPS, IBM Cloud Knowledge and experience with web-based graphical user interface and a web-service-based system-to- system (S2S) interface
- Experienced withJava for application software, Java Enterprise Edition for the application server, Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) Web Services for external interfaces, and a relational database for data storage.
- Expert knowledge of simple system interface (e.g., Representational State Transfer Application Program Interface (RESTful API))
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Apr 11, 2017, 11:15:37 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-MCLEAN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
Please mention LogisticsJobs.org
if asked how you found this job.