Logistics Engineer - (ILS - IPS) Job more... ▼
|First posted:||April 06, 2017|
Logistics Engineer - (ILS - IPS) (Job Number:426621)
- SAIC is seeking a systems engineer to provide system support for an Army Product Management office.
- Serve as logistics engineer within the Product Director DVE/BORES Technical Management Branch.
- Provide technical expertise regarding multiple sensor (RADAR, EO/IR and Laser detection and ranging) and/or synthetic vision technologies.
- Responsibilities include surveying industry capabilities and technology readiness levels to determine options for a fused multi-spectral pilotage system to counter brownout obscurants during rotorcraft approach, hover, landing, and takeoff operations.
- The logistician will document system specifications to inform competitive contract vehicles, early user assessments, and eventual management of system engineering processing in product development.
- Logistics Engineer conducts supportability planning and analysis for new and modified equipment and updated level of Repair Analysis (LORA) documentation supporting IPS sustainment.
- They perform provisioning analysis for spares, repair parts and tools, support equipment and support material for new or modified equipment.
- The Logistics Engineer develops and presents briefings to senior level management and periodic reviews (e.g. SRR, PDR, and CDR).
- They will support efforts to develop concept, tailor and/or update maintenance and operating manuals for new and modified equipment.
- The Logistics Engineer recommends changes for new, modified, or replacement support equipment through Logistics Management Information (LMI).
- He/she recommends solutions for Packaging, Handling, Storage and transportation using best commercial practices as a guideline.
- The Logistics Engineer provides guidance on the development and/or updating of the Decommissioning, Demilitarization and Disposal plan.
- He/she supports the implementation of the Obsolescence Management Plan (DMSMS) and supports Army standardization initiatives.
- Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Write and update DVE/BORES logistics data specifications, interface control documents and other system, catalog data and other technical documentation
- Create logistics documents in support of project
- Ensure technical requirements traceability is maintained through DVE/BORES development cycles.
- Coordinate qualification and test requirements with AED and the test community.
- Advise developers on PD DVE/BORES system engineering guidance and policies as effecting sustainment
- Brief PD DVE/BORES managers on technical progress.
- Assist in determining/develop, analyze and implement risk mitigation activities for logistics activities.
- Maintain and coordinate DVE/BORES external logistics interfaces to support external functional and design interfaces as defined in the Interface Control Documents (ICDs) with external agencies.
- Highly desire prior experience supporting electronic systems and similar technical products.
- Must have experience as a contractor supporting Army officers (MAJ; LTC; COL) and with close coordination between O-5 and O-6 organizations.
- Experience in collaborating with other logistics engineers, systems engineers, cost analysts, acquisition analysts, and trainers.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's Degree and 6+ years of experience or Masters and 4+ years of experience. Experience (4+ years) may be used in lieu of degree.
- US Army, logistics, acquisition, supply, sustainment experience
- DoD 5000 processes for Integrated Product Support (IPS) processes
- Experience with program integration/acquisition.
- Experience dealing with vendors, requirement refinements, etc.
- Office computer and MS-Office skills
Master’s degree in a technical or engineering discipline
- US Army aviation experience
- Special Operations aviation experience
- Normal demands associated with an office environment.
- Ability to work on computer for long periods and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face.
- Some travel may be required.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Apr 6, 2017, 1:58:26 PM
Primary Location: United States-AL-HUNTSVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job
Please mention LogisticsJobs.org
if asked how you found this job.