Director Logistics - Clifton, NJ more... ▼
|First posted:||April 04, 2017 (last updated 2 weeks 4 days ago)|
Director Logistics - Clifton, NJ
203 Kuller Road, Clifton, New Jersey 07011
The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's third most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
The Director Distribution Center, Clifton, will be accountable for the logistical leadership of the Clifton facility with responsibility for safety, quality, customer service, cost, efficiency and continuous improvement. Reporting to the VP Logistics, this position is accountable for driving best-in-class operations throughout our 3 shift, 150 person distribution site (250K sq. ft.) at Benjamin Moore & Co. In addition you will work collaboratively with the, Director of Customer Service, liaison with strategic planning and have the Manager of Transportation as a direct report.
- Champion all environmental, health, and safety programs to ensure workforce well-being and compliance.
- Support, develop and recommend logistics strategies, tactics and performance standard that optimize the company ability to provide outstanding service to customers at the most effective overall cost.
- Responsible for understanding internal and external customer service expectations through establishing and maintaining effective relationships both internally and externally.
- Drive the culture towards Benjamin Moore & Co. values by providing visionary leadership; develop, implement, and champion strategies to identify and institutionalize best practices across the distribution center.
- Lead and implement continuous improvement projects to address quality material flow, through-put and productivity improvements and ensure results are sustainable.
- Metrics development, drive change and productivity improvements through disciplined application of metrics and targets.
- Develop, implement and maintain Key Performance Indicators for the logistics organization.
- Understand technology, be ahead of the curve, and proactively implement new systems and procedures.
- Participate and support the development, training, and post auditing of all Standard Operating Procedures.
- Communicate often and effectively with all employees on all issues to sustain an engaged workforce.
- Provide leadership and team membership on corporate strategic initiatives.
- Manage financial goals, capital investment programs, budgets and operating plans.
- Measure and report financial performance metrics against budget
- Recommend allocations and/or adjustments to logistics budget in response to change conditions.
- Develop contingency plans to provide services in emergency situations
- Ensure compliance to all local, state and federal laws and regulations.
Responsible Metrics (KPI's):
- Safety -- Ensure all safety programs and requirements are met, holding the organization to the highest standards of safety and compliance
- Quality -- Responsible for all DC quality metrics including Pick Accuracy, Inventory Accuracy, Fill Rates, Damage Reduction and others
- Delivery -- Maintain and improve a high degree of On Time Ship and On Time Deliver through the Benjamin Moore Fleet and Common Carrier network.
- Cost -- Provide cost leadership and maintenance in all operating areas to ensure that Cost Per Gallon measures are met or exceeded.
- Team -- Provide robust leadership to direct reports and the entire DC focusing on employee engagement and supporting our Core Values on a daily basis
- Bachelor's Degree in Logistics or related discipline; a Master's Degree a strong plus.
- 10+ years' experience working in Logistics; multi-site experience required.
- Start-up experience required.
- Strong leadership skills and experience in Lean (TOM, Kaizen, 5S) are essential.
- Proven ability to develop and implement processes and procedures where none currently exist.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and driving performance metrics
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Results-oriented and strong problem-solving skills.
- Rich business acumen and strong analytical skills,
- Ability to manage and develop team of direct reports along with strong influence skills for working with senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to work with all levels within the customer and supply base to develop strategic relationships.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including the ability to effectively set direction, develop a team, coach, guide and develop employees and create an environment of positive accountability.
- Brings best practices to the organization; ability to mobilize teams to seek insights from diverse data sources.
- Computer skills to include: SAP Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point, and Business Objects.
- Demonstrated use of business systems and experience with various Supply Chain technologies (Warehouse Management Systems, Transportation Systems, Warehouse Slotting software)
- Some travel will be required
Please mention LogisticsJobs.org
if asked how you found this job.