NAVTAC II Senior Logistics Management Specialist (LOG-3) Job more... ▼
|First posted:||March 30, 2017|
NAVTAC II Senior Logistics Management Specialist (LOG-3) (Job Number:426409)
The SAIC Team is pursuing the opportunity to support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) with modernizing the National Airspace System (NAS) to meet the needs of consistently improving safety, efficiency, capacity, security, and flexibility of navigation systems. This modernization will evolve the NAS from legacy, ground-based navigation and lighting systems to Performance Based Navigation (PBN). Both legacy and evolving systems must be maintained during the modernization transition. The SAIC Team has a long, successful record of support to the FAA, applying expertise and innovation to solve complex and dynamic problems while maintaining the US worldwide lead in aviation safety. The SAIC Team is seeking a diverse range of skillsets; management, business management, financial and budget analysis support, technical expertise in the areas of engineering navigation systems, NAS operations, Air Traffic, Management Information systems (MIS) and areas related to technical of Navigation support.
These areas include:
- Performance Based Navigation (PBN) Programs & Policy Group (PPPG), AJV-14, Airspace Policy & Regulations Group, AJV-11, Airspace Services Business Support Group, AJV-17 and Air Traffic Organization (ATO) Service Center (SC) Operations Support Groups (OSGs) AJV-E2, AJV- C2, and AJV-W2.
- Developing and implementing Area Navigation (RNAV), PBN Routes defined as Standard Terminal Arrival (STAR), Standard Instrument Departures (SIDs), Required Navigation Performance (RNP) and Q/T and TK routes.
- Management Information System (MIS) and office automation management support required to support the Navigation Programs and all the teams within the MIS group to ensure accurate, timely and effective use of resources, collection of data, reporting and management of information systems necessary to develop, acquire, deploy, maintain, sustain, and improve navigation products and services for the National Airspace System.
- Obstruction Evaluation (OE) review of aeronautical studies on- airport property (NRAs) involves coordination with Airport Division specialists to update runway threshold coordinates (existing and plan-on-file extensions), update runway categories (VFR to IFR), and ensure the part 77 contour maps and listed obstructions are corrected.
- Contract support would involve telephonic and/or email coordination with Airport Division specialists on issues found during NRA reviews along with providing OEG responses on NRA studies within iOEAAA program.
- FAA Ground Based Navigation and Lighting Group (GBNA) for the establishment, operation and maintenance of a NAS of air traffic control and navigation facilities supporting terminal area approach and landing operations under all weather conditions.
- Provides management and technical support to modernize, certify and document work related to the FAA’s mission including the conduct of investigative research into NAS facility and site-related problems encountered in the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the current navigation and landing systems.
- This work also includes specialized analysis, modeling and tests to determine what equipment is appropriate to meet the specified category of operation.
- The Navtac II Senior Logistics Management Specialist is in charge of effectively coordinating day-to-day logistics operations for their organization.
- One of their main responsibilities includes preparing initial documentation regarding planning stages.
- They review contract plans and process reports based on their findings. Develops solutions to a variety of problems moderate in scope and complexity.
- Logistics specialists collect and analyze relevant information regarding performance metrics.
- They also coordinate activities and make sure company resources are used efficiently.
- Additionally, logistics specialists participate in and facilitate support assessments.
- Logistics specialists are also responsible for handling details of scheduling, products, or equipment.
- They provide technical expertise for developing plans, and coaching other employees in logistical matters.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and three (3) years or more of related experience; Masters and one year of related experience
- Must have at least 5 years of professional work experience in logistic management of the design and development, procurement, production, storage, distribution, maintenance, transportation, utilization, and disposal of Navigation Service’s equipment.
- Knowledge of the FAA’s Acquisition Management Systems is preferred.
Education and Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Master’s degree in a principle or related discipline may substitute for 2 years of relevant experience.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Mar 30, 2017, 2:57:38 PM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Other Clearance
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job
Please mention LogisticsJobs.org
if asked how you found this job.