Logistics/Distribution Engineer more... ▼
|First posted:||March 28, 2017|
Luxottica is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of fashion, luxury and sports eyewear. Our wholesale network covers more than 150 countries and our retail presence consists of over 7,200 retail stores across the globe.
In North America, our wholesale business is the home to global brands; Ray-ban, Oakley and many of the top fashion house brands. Our leading retail brands include; Lenscrafters, Sunglass Hut, Pearle Vision, Target Optical and Sears Optical. We are also home to EyeMed, the fastest growing vision care company in the United States.
To support our global business, Luxottica operates multiple manufacturing and logistics facilities across North America to support our retail stores and wholesale customers.
The Manager of Logistics Operations is part of the Logistics Innovations and Strategy team and partners with distribution center operations, transportation and Rx operations. The Manager coordinates logistics projects in North American distribution centers, in connection with the global network. The Manager’s responsibilities include projects of improvement and capacity increase in: distribution centers network and lens laboratory guarantying efficiencies and effectiveness of operations. Realizes and implements improvement projects that guarantee excellence in operations, positioning Luxottica Operations as a benchmark in North America and globally with a focus on improving speed to market while optimizing costs. Collaborates with other Luxottica departments (sales, trade marketing, HR, finance, IT and HQ) and North American Distribution Centers for Retail, Wholesale and e-commerce.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works directly with distribution and transportation operations to gain understanding and alignment of business needs and objectives.
- Identifies and capitalizes on new opportunities to improve process flows and service.
- Manages projects/budgets and ROI for each project, leads presentations to key stakeholders to keep them informed of the status of initiatives and projects, performance against planned objectives, and future strategic direction with associated impact on expenses.
- Evaluates and identifies external advancements in the industry to improve customer/user satisfaction and reduce operating expenses.
- Coordinates North American Logistics/Labs local team to ensure continuous improvements guarantying best in class operational processes.
- Supports projects for North American Logistic Network.
- Drives Logistics Innovation Process focusing on Automation and World Class Logistics Excellence.
- Designs distribution layouts using CAD and develops current and to be process flows.
- Bachelor's Degree in Logistics, Engineering, Supply Chain, or industry equivalent
- 7+ years Logistics and Supply Chain experience
- 5+ years of Distribution experience
- 5+ years in Project Management
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems
- Proficiency in MS Office, MS Project or equivalent
- E-Com and Omni Channel experience
- Experience with SAP and Manhattan based Warehouse Management Systems
- Black Belt Lean/Six Sigma
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Luxottica HR Solutions Group at 1-866-431-8484.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law.
Please mention LogisticsJobs.org
if asked how you found this job.