Representative - Exhibitor Services - Des Moines, IA more... ▼
|Location:||Des Moines, IA|
|Company:||The Freeman Company|
|First posted:||January 29, 2017 (last updated 1 week 12 hours ago)|
We're a global company of thinkers, designers, and doers. Freeman partners with our clients to build a connection with their customers by creating brand experiences that are seamless, innovative, and immersive. From strategy, creative, and digital to logistics and event technology, our teams place the client at the center, helping them connect to people in meaningful and personal ways. What makes us unique is our collaborative culture, intuitive knowledge, global perspective, and personalized approach developed from our 90-year legacy as an industry leader. Freeman connects people to a universe of opportunities that create a spark, build understanding, and inspire action.
Are you a people person? Are you looking for a position to use your talents in multiple areas/functions? If so, Freeman is seeking an Exhibitor Services Representative to work in a basic customer service capacity with the customer service support staff on large shows and independently on small shows. Additional duties include:
- Perform all in-house and show site functions/procedures as stated in the Exhibitor Services Manual (i.e. data processing, incoming/outgoing phone calls/batch processing, customer billing, invoicing, collecting on outstanding balances, show closings etc...).
- Accurately perform all data entry for Exhibitor Services, i.e., input exhibitor lists, price lists, orders, payments, etc.
- Pack show site supplies, computers, printers, and other equipment.
- Work independently at show site at shows requiring only one (1) Exhibitor Service Representative.
- Properly handle and process cash, checks, wire transfers and credit cards payments. Collect all monies for services before, during and after the show. Calculate and create price masters.
- Communicate professionally with customers via phone, fax, and email or in person at show site. Solicit the sale of upgrade or additional equipment/services.
- Complete all show closing functions.
- Resolve complaints concerning billing or service rendered, referring complaints to designated departments or Account Executive for investigation.
- Ensure all departments are aware of customer requirements.
- Contact exhibitors regarding problems with orders/payments.
- Set up and maintain show files.
- Generate billing and invoicing for the exhibit area of the show.
- Perform audits ranging from pre-show, self audits, show-site, and post show.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Coordinate outbound transportation shipments from show site for exhibitor clients.
- Effectively communicate and follow up with selective partner carriers to ensure transportation requirements are met.
- Effectively communicate shipment details with Freeman Exhibit Transportation staff.
- Coordinate all aspects of the service manual kit creation process.
- Create custom order forms using Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Acrobat.
- Update/maintain kit information in EPS (event process solution) and log kit progress.
- Create/update generic pricing templates within the branch.
- Set up show information for CSOC for posting to FOL and provide updates if necessary.
- Minimum one (1) + years of related experience and/or training
- Requires analysis and judgment relative to which item or service will satisfy the customer's need.
- Proven written and verbal skills necessary to complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to speak effectively with customers or employees of organization.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to type 40 wpm or 6000 KSPH with 95% accuracy.
- Must be familiar with: Pertinent information for assigned show, show rules and regulations, and personnel assigned to show.
- Representative is expected to be on time with a professional appearance and attitude.
- Must present a general knowledge of all Freeman services to the client.
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Proven analytical and organizational skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign
- High School Diploma or GED
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Exhibitor Service Representatives are required to take and pass the New Employee Training (NET) program with an 80% or higher score; as well as six (6) hours of customer service modules that must be completed and passed with an 85% or higher score.
Freeman is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, veteran status or any other protected status. Freeman will consider, for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Equal Employment Opportunity Poster (English) * (Español) * Employee Polygraph Protection Act
The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act * Pay Transparency Policy
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act, if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Freeman, please e-mail (see application details) .
Please mention LogisticsJobs.org
if asked how you found this job.