Sr. Java Developer more... ▼
|Location:||Ballston Lake, NY|
|First posted:||September 12, 2016 (last updated 30+ days ago)|
Summary of Role:
GLOBALFOUNDRIESis looking for software engineers to develop and support real time application that manages the Post Fab factory systems. GLOBALFOUNDRIESmanufactures a wide variety of Foundry semiconductor products as well as microprocessors and application specific integrated circuits (ASICS). Post Fab is the organization that is responsible for the testing and disposition of such products. These software engineers will design, develop and test application solutions on Linux, AIX, and Windows platforms to control production tools as well as material logistics systems with real time web dashboards.
Candidates will have a BS/MS in software engineering, computer science, or electrical engineering with programming skills in Java, Web Service and OOAD as well as a variety of scripting languages. Middleware experience with JEE application servers, Apache, JMS and relational DB Technology is also desirable.
Successful candidates will be comfortable working through all stages of the software development life-cycle from requirements, development, test and deployment using Agile disciplines. They will work in a dynamic collaborative environment requiring strong teaming skills with programmers, engineers, managers, and production employees.
- Design, code, test, integrate, and maintain custom Factory Systems applications supporting PostFab manufacturing processes
- Collaborate with functional team members and other remote teams providing application support
- Perform deep root-cause analysis (level 3+) for any issue arising from systems deployed
- Maintain detailed application documentation and revision control
- Understand customer process requirements and perform feasibility study
- Perform all activities in a safe ad responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent with minimum 4 years relevant experience
- Fluency in English - written & verbal
- Solid programming skills in Java EE, JMS (IBM MQ is preferable), PL/SQL (DB2 and Oracle)
- Preference given to applicants with knowledge on OA Framework & Oracle Form, JUnits and CORBA
- Application development experience in Linux/Unix environment using JBoss EAP/Websphere Application Server and Eclipse/Rational IDE
- Semiconductor test process knowledge
- Team player with positive attitude
- Strong communications skills and ability to collaborate well with members from various geographical locations
- Experience in Semiconductor/Manufacturing domain is preferred
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Please mention LogisticsJobs.org
if asked how you found this job.